Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Monday Mornings at Bodi’s

One of the things I’m finally realizing that I need to do in order for my pressed flower “mini business” to be successful, is to PLAN. I have always prided myself on being spontaneous, but I’m finding that trying to get by on a wing and a prayer is not effective.

The woman talked about in Proverbs 31 is a woman to admire. She had several “mini businesses” on the side and “she saw that her trading was profitable”. In fact, her ventures were so profitable that she was able to buy a vineyard out of her earnings. I would love that! A nice vineyard in the Sonoma Valley

Back to reality. Being highly productive and effective takes planning. Long and short term goals that have are the result of much thought, thorough review of relevant facts, and prayer.

So now that the kids are back in school, I spend an hour of my Monday morning drinking Chai Tea at Bodi’s Bakery in Twin Lakes, with my Franklin Planner spread out on the table before me, and a prayer in my heart as I plan my months, weeks, and days.

This post reminds me that last year I came across a helpful series on a blog that talks about highly effective habits for women, and planning was one of them. You might want to check it out when you have the time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home