Monday, November 05, 2007

How to make pressed flower cards

I frequently get asked by readers and customers how I make my pressed flower cards, and I’ve always been happy to share about my techniques on my l blog, or via personal emails.

But, after making my cards the same way for years and years, I recently completely changed my technique.

I’ve told many of you that I have tried a number of adhesives, and that I swear by Elmer’s Glue. Well, not any more. Now only use Perfect Paper Adhesive.

Also, I never protected the pressed flowers on my cards. I assumed the handmade paper I mounted my flowers on would be sturdy enough to get them through the mail.

I’ve changed my mind. Now, I always protect my pressed flower cards with a thin application of a tough, flexible, UV resistant and acid free sealant. It’s barely perceptible and it makes me pressed flower cards as tough as nails. Conveniently, the sealant I use just happens to be the adhesive I use: Perfect Paper Adhesive.

I wrote about my discovery of Perfect Paper Adhesive(PPA) just a few weeks ago, and soon after I was contacted by the maker of PPA, and invited to sell it on my website. I was thrilled! So now, you can purchase Perfect Paper Adhesive at Elizabeth's Flowers, if you’re interested. And, if you’d like to check it out, I’ve re-written my tutorial on “How to Make Pressed Flower Cards”.

Happy creating!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was so cool that you got them for your site. I've been meaning to make pressed flower cards since forever.

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, you are so gifted! I am anxious to read more about your art, and might give it a try this summer. My 8 1/2-year-old granddaughter would enjoy it, too. (Were you interested in pressing flowers as a child?)

8:45 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

macromoments,

Thank you for your kind words.

Actually I remember pressing a few violets in a phone book when I was young, but I don't actually remember using them for anything. I really became interested in pressing flowers right after I quite my job as an O.T. to stay home full time with my children. It became a creative outlet for me.

I think your idea of pressing flowers with your granddaughter is a great one!

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home