Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Peace

After spending the day at the Milwaukee Public Museum with my son's second grade class yesterday, I feel relieved to be able to quietly stay at home and catch up on several orders for my pressed flower cards today. The trip (except for the 50 mile bus ride) was great fun. The group of boys I was in charge of happily enjoyed the dinosaurs and all the gory hunting/predator panoramas, and, bless their hearts, they were patient with me as I lingered in the butterfly exhibit - brimming with real butterflies and flowers.

When I got back home after the field trip, I had about 20 minutes before my kids would be home from school. As I thought about how to best use those few minutes, I found that all I really wanted to do was enjoy the quite peacefulness of my empty house. After spending the day with a total of 60+ second graders, the silence was absolutely golden.

I'm thankful for something that my Mom was always grateful for - peace and quiet.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home