Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Odds and ends

Here's a quick scan of one of the pictures I made the other day on that particularly dreary, slushy day, when I was in need of a bit of color...

Thankfully today is a brilliantly sunny day, and despite the cold temperatures here in Wisconsin, I know spring is not far behind. I've been hearing sandhill cranes in the fields behind our house. I haven't seen them yet, but how great it is to know they're back!

I heard from Ryan Garrett Fine Art Consulting regarding my pictures yesterday. Apparently the presentation with the Montage Hotel went well but ultimately they decided to go with a different design concept. I'm disappointed, but what a blessing to have been asked. The fact that a major art consulting company even noticed my art is amazing to me. It seems to give my art a sense of legitimacy - which is something I struggle with from time to time, especially when I compare it to the art of other artists I know (I know I shouldn't!)

Saturday is the start of the Chicagoland Flower and Garden Show. I've never been there before, but my husband (bless his heart) is treating me this year. If you go, he'll be the one patiently trying to keep three kids occupied hour after hour, and I'll be the one drooling over absolutely everything. I'll be reporting my "Top 5" of the Chicagoland Flower and Garden Show on Monday.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the latest flower pic. Sorry it didn't work out with the hotel...but you're on your way girl!

Treena

9:21 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thanks Trina!

Elizabeth

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home