Monday, April 28, 2008

spring storms and tender leaves

My "work space" is in a corner of our refinished basement. Despite being in the basement, it's a fairly bright and cheery area, and I have everything I need close at hand.

Last Friday afternoon was unusually warm, windy, and humid and several waves of thunderstorms were forecast. Instead of working in my usual space, I gathered up my card making materials and set up at the kitchen table upstairs, so that I could watch the thunderstorms rolling in.

It was a treat to see the bright green budding leaves on the trees across the cornfield silhouetted against the churning angry black skies. What a contrast between the delicate newness of tender leaves, and the unbridled power of the heavens.

"For the LORD is the great God, the great King above all gods.
In His hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to Him.
The sea is His, for He made it, and His hands formed the dry land.
Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker; for He is our God and we are the people of His pasture, the flock under His care."
(Psalm 95:3-7)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nicely said, Liz. Good blog.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thank you, Bonnie

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home