Friday, May 02, 2008

Introducing....You Frame It Friday!

Thanks to the availability of really great new acid free UV resistant polymers that keep light and moisture out, and brilliant color in, I am now making some of my pressed flower art available un-framed.

It used to be that one had to take great pains to carefully seal pressed flower art in an airtight frame, but thanks to the durability of PPA and other polymers, now any one can safely frame pressed flowers.

I know a number of my more discriminating customers will be happy with this option (including my mother-in-law) because I tend to frame all of my art in very simply - no fancy matting, just one white mat.

Also, the frames I like to work with have gotten quite expensive, but those of you who choose to frame your pressed flower art selection yourselves can opt for more affordable framing, or reuse an old favorite.

I've always felt that my art should be affordable - (for someone with an average income like me!) especially because my art is borrowed from Someone else. It's not really mine.

My un-framed pressed flower art selection is small at the moment, but it will grow by one or two selections every Friday.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elizabeth,

I love that you are selling unframed pictures because I have antique frames that I think would be so nice with your pictures. I am interested in purple and pink flowers. I love your pictures!

Jenny

6:58 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Dear Jenny,

Thank you so much for your enthusiasm! I will keep your preferences in mind, but admittedly I don't have much in the way of pink flowers at the moment. However, I should have more spring flowers to press soon!

Elizabeth

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home