Tuesday, June 17, 2008

This is my Father's world...

Summer is underway here in Wisconsin. The kids are out of school, and we are busy with swimming lessons, getting together with friends, and gearing up for Vacation Bible School. In between I keep pressing flowers, etc.

But one thing that really strikes me about this summer so far, is that it is so stunning. We've had lots of storms - way too many, unfortunately for so many in the mid west, but the towering majestic thunderheads we've seen have stopped me in my tracks. And everything is just so GREEN, a sparkling, emerald green, which makes the colors of the flowers seem more vivid than ever.

I've been wanting to try this, and now seems like a really good time. Below is a You tube video of my favorite hymn, sung by one of my recent favorite artists, Fernando Ortega. I don't know the person who put the video together, and unfortunately it's pretty grainy, but the words are awesome.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, Fernando Ortega is one of my favorites, too. I discovered his music right after my mom died. It's very soothing and his words are so faith-filled.

This is a great video. I'll share the link with friends.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Dear photobuffet,

I'm sorry to hear that your Mom died. Ortega's music is perfect for times like that, isn't it?
I also like to listen to it when I'm biking on a wooded bike trail near my home-it helps my heart focus on what really matters.

Elizabeth

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home