Friday, June 20, 2008

You frame it Friday

I love poppies, and suddenly my garden is on the verge of exploding with them.

Not only do I love their dazzling red color, I love that their fuzzy green stems have a mind of their own. They will curve where they want to curve, and bend the way they want to bend, and there is nothing I can do about it. Most flower stems are pliable and I can bend them precisely the way I want them to go before placing them in the Microfleur, but definitely not so with poppies.

This pressed flower art collage is mounted on an 8 1/2 x 11" piece of Gilbert Oxford card stock, to give you plenty of framing options. You may choose to frame it in a small 5 x 7" frame with or with out a mat, but better yet it can be framed in an 8 x 10" frame with a standard mat, or even an 11 x 14" frame, which would allow the deckled edges of the handmade paper to show.

The poppies have been sealed with a UV and moisture resistant sealant, but as with all fine art, I would recommend using acid free matting and UV resistant glass or acrylic.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home