Monday, July 21, 2008

Art on the Lawn - my "set-up"

I thought you might like to see how I typically set up my booth. It's a little on the "cheap and simple" side, I know, but my theory is that the focus stays on the flowers.

I always get a lot of positive comments on my ladder displays. The price was right (I found them on the side of the road one day) and I spray painted them an antique white. I added hooks to the back of the rungs, and use strong rubber bands (attached to the back) to keep the pictures from flying off in a gust of wind.

Our Art on the Lawn art show went well. We always hope for more people than we get, but my fellow AFAF artists and I enjoyed a pleasant day together, chatting, enjoying the sunshine, and even making a few sales. One of the highlights of my afternoon was a visit from a Eileen, a pressed flower artist I've corresponded with via email. It was a treat to meet her in person. She has been successfully selling her beautiful pressed flower art on her Etsy shop called Petal Annie.

One more thing. It's tacky to set up one's tent with the "EZ-Up" label at the front of one's display. Please feel free to learn from my mistake.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liz,
I love how your Art on the Lawn tent set-up looked. Nice job, girlfriend !!
PS: thanks for the use of your tent for my Gallery in the Garden set-up.

Bonnielynn

1:12 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thanks, Bon. given your experience, I didn't think it would pass your inspection!
And, your welcome to use my tent anytime.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home