Monday, August 11, 2008

pressing work


I'm back to work, or, as friends and family tend to say, "She's playing with her flowers again."

I’m feeling the need to re-organize my life and get back to a routine. I suppose summer does that to everyone. But, before I get started with that, I'm going to focus on fully reaping the benefits of my herb and vegetable gardens. So many times the summer slips by and I feel guilty for not making the most of my herbs and vegetables, but with prices as they are, I'm going to stay on top of things this year. Today, in between pressing flowers and filling orders, I will make my first of hopefully many batches of pesto and herb butter.

As soon as my Roma tomatoes are ripe, I'll share an awesome Baked Tomato Spaghetti Sauce with you. My aunt in Albuquerque made it for us, and because the tomatoes are baked their flavor intensifies, and the result in incredible. And, the recipe freezes well, so I plan on making many batches. You'll love it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh, sounds exciting.

arlene,
East Bremerton florist

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home