Thursday, December 11, 2008

Special Snowball Cookies

No new ""You frame it Friday" picture today, I'll be posting my unframed pressed flower art again sometime after Christmas. For now I'm busy filling orders, which in this economy is such a blessing.

I think my customers seem to appreciate my offer of free gift wrapping, along with a free pressed fern Christmas gift tag. If you are still thinking of ordering, please do so soon. Next Friday (the 18th) will be the last day I fill orders until after Christmas.

If you received my latest newsletter you've already seen this, but I've decided to share my favorite Christmas cookie recipe this year for Snowball Cookies. These aren't the really buttery snowball cookies typically covered in powdered sugar. Instead, these cookies are soft and tender, with a delicious flavor. I'd love to make some this weekend, but I don't dare make them until right before Christmas...because they disappear almost instantly in my house.

Special Snowball Cookies

1 C soft margarine
2 C granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
5 C sifted flour
1 t baking soda
2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
3/4 C sour cream
1 C flaked coconut
colored sugar

Cream margarine and sugar until light. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well. Add sifted dry ingredients, sour cream, and coconut, mix well. Chill several hours.

Shape into 1 inch balls and sprinkle top with colored sugar (or those little colored balls). Bake at 375 degrees, 8-10 minutes. Makes about 6 dozen only if you don't sample large amounts of dough.

Enjoy!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trying these tonight!

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home