Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Everything in its place


Two things are on my list for today - to begin listing my new botanical journals in my etsy shop, and to do some massive "decluttering" in my work area.
My work area - I can't call it a studio (but hopefully someday...) has silently become a disaster area. A stray object or two here, a few things I'll put way later there, some un-filed papers here...and suddenly I have a mess. Elisabeth Elliot always used talk about the importance of "a place for everything, and everything in its place." How true!

I love to read tips on organizing, I could read them all day - but diligently putting them into practice is another matter. Thankfully I am becoming increasingly aware of how my lack of diligence in putting things away -as soon as I am done with them- is costly in both time, energy, and even personal joy. The frustration I feel when I struggle with the chaos covering my work area robs me of my enthusiasm in creating.

Off I go, with a quick prayer for perseverance, wisdom, and a sense of humor wouldn't hurt either.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Homemanager said...

Thank you for the reminder about joy! I have an area that is a perpetual "mess" and have been praying about creative ways to get it under control. You are right, it zaps my joy and any creative flow that I get.
The Lord is good! He knows what we need to move forward. Thank you! and a very "Merry Christmas!" to you.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Karen,

Thank you for your kind comment.
I like how you committed your "perpetual mess" to prayer. What a good idea!

Elizabeth

7:18 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah nice thanks a lot.

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home