Monday, January 19, 2009

Aerogarden update

For those of you who follow me on twitter, you may recall that I recently received an Aerogarden for my birthday. Basically it's an indoor hydroponics garden, and I inserted the "seed pods" and plugged it in two weeks ago.

So far, as you can see, the italian basil and purple basil are going strong. To the right of the green italian basil there is a thin frond of dill that's about 3" tall, but because it's so thin and delicate it barely shows up against the dark background.
To the left of the purple basil there is mint sprouting, and on the right you can see a sprig of thyme, which is about 2" tall.

There are two sluggards on either end of the back row, chives and parsley. The chives should have sprouted 4 days ago, and the parsley is 2 days late. I called aerogarden, and after being on hold for a long time I was assured that two new seed pods will soon be on their way to me. Unfortunately by the time I get the new pods and germination finally occurs, they will be well behind the other plants. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is pretty neat. I hadn't seen one of these before. Oh by the way if I haven't told you, "your pressed flowers are lovely!"

5:01 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thank you for the kind compliment about my pressed flowers Ang.
Yes, the aerogarden is really neat, especially here in the north where are growing season is so short.

Elizabeth

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have also never seen that one before. I am fascinated. Can you write a post with some more details about it, please?

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home