Friday, February 27, 2009

Lavender Line

























"Lavender Line"
Un-framed Pressed Flower Art
Pressed lavender, handmade paper
8" x 12"
$40.00

I absolutely love pressing lavender in my Microfleur because the fragrance of lavender permeates the air of my kitchen, and it lingers for a long time in the woolen Microfleur pads.
Unfortunately the pressed lavender no longer has any scent for me to enjoy while I am working with it, but I find myself almost unconsciously sensing the fragrance just by being with it.

This "Lavender Line" pressed flower picture could be framed in either a standard 8 x 10, or 11 x 14" frame. In an 8 x 10 frame, the mat would neatly cover the edges of the handmade paper, and the 11 x 14" frame would allow the interesting deckled edge of the handmade paper to show, for a more organic look.

I will happily include an acid free white mat for either size frame (8x10", or 11x14") upon request. Just state your mat size preference in the "comments" section when ordering, or email me.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very pretty.
I like to put lavendar handcream on my face at night to help me sleep (for the fews hours I actually sleep ). Very calming.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Homemanager said...

Beautiful simplicity! Do you grow your own lavender, Elizabeth?

1:31 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thanks Karen! Yes, I do grow my own lavender, but with the climate in Wisconsin it's kind of hit or miss!

8:20 AM  
Blogger Rebekah Smith said...

elizabeth, i love this one!:-)...lavender is fun to grow too!:-)

rebekah:-)

2:07 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thanks rebekah! It is fun to grow lavender, and fun to watch all the bees enjoying it too.

5:52 PM  
Blogger IlonaGarden said...

This is perfectly beautiful. It has the essence of the lavender beauty

2:46 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thank you Ilona. It's easy to make a nice picture with lavender - it's already beautiful to begin with!

Elizabeth

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home