Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What to do about Lent























Pansy Cross

Press
ed Pansies on Handmade Paper
14 1/2" x 11"
Privately Owned


Lent is here today. Last year, I didn't do anything in particular for Lent, and when Easter finally came I felt a bit guilty - must be the leftover Catholic in me.

This morning, I came upon a Reflection of Lent written by Nancy Kane on the Midday Connection facebook page (scroll down a bit to find it) which contains some great practical ways to reflect upon and prepare for Lent.

I've chosen to do a few of the spiritual practices suggested, to refocus and reaffirm His place in my life. And, just to make sure I don't wimp out, especially during fasting, I'm also going to ask a friend to join me, to help hold me accountable. If you like to join in and could use some encouragement, Email me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liz, this pansy cross is beautiful! My mom always gives up chocolates for Lent along with meat on Friday.

I'm no longer Catholic but I do understand about the guilt that comes when raised Catholic. ;)

2:14 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thanks, Ang!
I'm not
Catholic anymore either, but I find that I miss the extended time focusing on the significance of the cross and sacrifice He made for us prior to lent. So, I kind of celebrate a "Protestant Lent."

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home