Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Faith via iGoogle
















A few weeks ago I blogged about "Faith via ipod", and today it's iGoogle's turn. As you probably know, igoogle is a customizable personal web "home page." With iGoogle, users can select amazing themes for their Google homepages, as well as tons of different "gadgets" ranging from news items, calendars, "to-do" lists, daily comics, and on and on. The list almost seems endless.

My favorite igoogle toy at the moment is the "Verse-a-Week-Memorization" gadget. My kids are encouraged to memorize Bible verses each week in Sunday school, and when they asked me what verses I'd been memorizing I felt a bit hypocritical, since I had yet to really work that into my schedule.

But now with this gadget it's become a breeze. I can choose which verse to memorize, and each day a portion of the verse disappears. Every time I'm at my home page, which on most days is many, many times throughout the day, I can quickly glance at my verse. By the end of each week, the entire verse is hidden, and I have memorized it. My screen shot is a bit blurry, but you can see my verse box in the upper left hand corner, with a number of words already hidden.

Of course, the key to retaining what we memorize is to review what we've committed to memory of a regular basis. What I need now is for some brilliant web geek to come up with a gadget to help me keep track of and review all the verses I've memorized!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger IlonaGarden said...

I appreciate this helpful hint. I never utilized the igoogle very much, but this shows me expanded vistas ( so to speak;)

Your blog has lovely clarity- I admire it.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thanks, Ilona. There are many more "gadgets of faith" available on iGoogle as well.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home