Friday, May 29, 2009

Black Pansies


I'm not into Gothic things (at all!), but I love black pansies.

Actually a deep, deep, purple, the black pansy pictures and cards I make are always good sellers at the farmer's markets and shows I do. The only problem is that I'm sometimes reluctant to press them, because they look so dramatic in the containers on my patio!

I made this card yesterday, and today it's on it's way to a good friend. Because I brushed on a thin coating of Perfect Paper Adhesive over the pansies and their greenery, I don't have to worry about the flowers fading, or being damaged in the mail. A thin coat is all it takes to provide invisible UV resistance, and because it provides a tough, flexible layer of protection, it's perfect for pressed flower cards, gift tags, etc.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Bonnielynn said...

I didnt realize pansies came in such dark colors.
I think the card is gorgeous.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Yes, aren't they an amazing color? Apparently they are a fairly new cultivar.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Wow, the pansies are simple and
elegant. I must find where to
buy the seeds.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home