Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Purple Crocus Trio























Purple Crocus Trio

Unframed Pressed Flower Art
For an 11 x 14" or
8 x 12" frame
Pressed crocuses, handmade paper


Spring is winding down here in Wisconsin, so here is another crocus collage before I have the joy of bombarding you with a riot of summer flowers.

I just got back from a short trip to visit a friend in Puyallup, Washington (near Seattle) and was amazed at the beautiful flowers there. I saw a lot of blooming wild pelargoniums (geraniums) on the Orting Valley bike trail which were tempting to pick and press, but I refrained. My own pink pelargoniums are blooming now and I'll be heading outside soon to press them before this afternoon's rain.

The above "Purple Crocus Trio" pressed flower picture could be framed in either a standard 8 x 10, or 11 x 14" frame. In an 8 x 10 frame, the mat would neatly cover the edges of the handmade paper, and the 11 x 14" frame would allow the interesting deckled edge of the handmade paper to show, for a more organic look.

I will happily include an acid free white mat for either size frame (8x10", or 11x14") upon request. Just state your mat size preference in the "comments" section when ordering, or email me.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Rebekah Smith said...

hi, elizabeth!:-)

your crocus are so pretty!:-)...love the purple!:-)

can't wait to see what's coming for summer!:-)

rebekah:-)

4:50 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thanks, Rebekah! It's been a really l o n g winter so I'm really looking forward to my summer flowers...

7:30 AM  
Blogger Laura Rodgers said...

the crocus are so cheery.. you do such nice work!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Again, the simple beauty of Mother
Nature wonderfully honored.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home