Friday, July 31, 2009

The return of "You frame it Friday"





















"Be still and know..." Pressed Fuchsia Flower
Fuchsia, handmade paper
8" x 10" Acid-free mat

Unframed pressed flower art


Ever since I tried pressing the fuchsia plant on my patio, it has been getting smaller and smaller. I've pressed fuchsia in the past, but their round little "bellies" never pressed to my liking, they ended up looking like blobs. I bought this fuchsia not for pressing, just for enjoying, but pressed it on a whim one day because I wanted to use some of the leaves.



I apologize that I don't know what variety it is, but it's a beauty with its unusually slender flowers, long tendrils, and long pointed petals.

I've made a number of pressed flower cards with these flowers this week, and also placed a sprig with one of my favorite verses, Psalm 42:10.

Today's featured unframed pressed fuchsia flower picture has been treated with a UV resistant polymer to seal out moisture and prevent fading indefinitely.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura Rodgers said...

so lovely! Your work makes me smile Liz!

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thanks Laura!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Feng Shui Bazi expert said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home