Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The worth of a book...


This is my favorite book.  After the Bible of course, but I find endless beauty and inspiration for my art in this book.  The Pressed Plant, by Andrea DiNoto and David Winter, is a collection of pressed botanicals from the eighteenth to the twentieth centuries.  But beyond that, the authors examine the artwork created within the plants themselves

Much of these pressings were put together by early botanists solely interested in preserving their specimens for posterity, yet the beauty of the plants comes shining through, all on their own! 

Because so many inquisitive new flower pressers frequent my website, I have opened the Elizabeth's Flowers Amazon Bookstore to include the key books that have influenced my botanical art journey thus far. Maybe some of them will be helpful on your journey as well!

The worth of a book is to be measured by what you can carry away from it.  
~James Bryce

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home