Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Who me? The Stylish Blogger Award!!!


Bless her heart, my friend Lisa from Lisa's Urban Nostalgia has given me the Stylish Blogger Award! I've known Lisa for a number of years, and have always enjoyed her bright personality and her amazing art. Please check out her blog, and while you're at it, check out her Etsy store too. 

In order to accept this award, I am supposed to reveal 7 things about myself.  Here they are, in no particular order:

1.  When I was a student at UW- Madison I worked in a radioactive plant pathology lab (maybe that explains a few things).

2. Before I attended a Christian Camp called Fort Wilderness in high school, I had no idea why Jesus died on the Cross, and what that had to do with me. 

3.  One of the best times of my life was backpacking all over Europe for a month with a good friend after graduating from college.

4.  Once I ran right into Walter Payton  at a racetrack - literally. Wham! My nose slammed into his name tag.  Even though I was the one not watching where I was going, he politely apologized.   

5.   Elisabeth Elliot is one of my heroes.  

6.  My Dad used to jump barrels while ice skating on the Manitowoc River in Chilton, WI. (I know that this is not about me, but I am running out of things to say.)  He still does push ups and he's in his 80's.

7.  You might not know this about me, but I love plants!  And, before that, I really loved fossils.  I have quite a collection, including a piece fossilized vertebrae, and a gastrolith (you might have to look that up). 

There you have it.  Now I am going to pass The Sylish blogger Award to...

KateXpressions - Karen is a new online friend of mine who combines both pressed flowers/botanicals and beautiful watercolor scenes in her note cards, which she sells on her Etsy store.  I also love reading her wise, inspiring blog called the Sower's Corner, where she combines her strong faith everyday living.  Please visit her blogs and her Etsy store - it will be time well spent.


2 Comments:

Anonymous homemanager said...

Elizabeth! Thank you so much my friend! This is such an unexpected blessing. Actually, you are the one who has inspired me to even consider having a shop and in many ways you have been my "mentor" through the process. For this, I am so very grateful. I know that everyone who visits your shop and blog say the same things about you!!!Thank you, Elizabeth, what an honor!!

9:47 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

You are welcome Karen! It's been a blessing getting to know you too!

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home